Orleans Video History Collection
In Those Days, Orleans Video Histories, Promo
A short introductory promo for the historic video series produced for the Orleans Historical Society, by Tom Cronin.
Tom gives the background on how the production came about followed by a few short sound bites from some of the interviewees.
Video Project, "In Those Days, Orleans Video Histories"
Video interviews created by Tom Cronin in the 1980's - 1990's, edited and reformatted to DVD. The interviews are with Orleans people speaking about fishing, art, business and local lore. The final videos will be shown on public access television and are available for purchase at the Society Museum.
Additional funding has come from the Company.
- 1. Bessom, David - Growing up in Orleans, owner/operator of The Bessy tour boat, Town Cove and Nauset Marsh tour. 36:04
- 2. Brown, Ted and Dick - Growing up in Orleans, fishing out of Rock Harbor, long-line fishing and fishing politics, boat sinking story. 30:52
- 3. Case, Will & Hurricane Bob Hurricane – Storm preparation at Nauset Marine East on Meetinghouse Pond, storm aftermath around Orleans, fire station interviews, Nauset Marine and personal history. 54:57
- 4. Dunford, Fred - On location at a Pochet archeological dig, found artifacts, archeology and early Cape Cod Native Americans. 36:08
- 5. Gessford, David - Tennis tournament, dedication of Orleans town courts at Eldredge Field.
- 6. Henson, Truman and MacFarlane, Sandy – Official Town supervisors at an infrequent Town Cove scalloping season, scallop identification. 20:09
- 7. Hobbs, Malcolm - Cape Codder newspaper editor in chief, Cape Cod National Seashore beginnings as covered by the newspaper. 31:03
- 8. Johnson, Vera - Growing up in Orleans and Brewster, Dorries Restaurant, farming, school, Del Johnson.
- 9. Joy, Sara and Frank - Monument Rd farm with turkeys, geese and sheep. Growing up in Orleans, father Vernon Smith the artist. 1:01:34
- 10. Llewellyn, Tod Owen and Aleine Young - Driving to Cape Cod 1906, summer baseball, WW1, grand-daughter of Jonathan Young windmill owner. 34:18
- 11. Mayo, Roland - Growing up in Orleans, excavating, roads. 55:31
- 12. McDermott, Doris and Mary - Growing up in Orleans, telephone operator. Working at the Town offices. 58:42
- 13. Norgeot, Gaston - Growing up in Orleans, Linnell Restaurant, Cove Rd. Bakery, Orleans Selectman.
- 14. Reed, Mac - Growing up in Orleans and Brewster, Bait Shop owner, fishing. 49:36
- 15. Higgins, Francis and White, Patricia Reed - Construction stories, bait shop, fishing, Aquanon Club. 39:33
- 16. Quinn, William - Growing up in Orleans with personal history, photography career, Jonathan Young Windmill restoration.
- 17. Snow, Bonnie and Stanley - General Orleans history from Indians to present, Snow family genealogy, personal histories. 01:14:03
- 18. Turner, Jim - Growing up blind, piano player and tuner. 25:32
- 19. Vickrey, Robert - Growing up in Las Vegas and NYC, fine artist of the egg tempera style, Orleans 1950-1990. 53:20
- 20. Pleasant Bay Scalloping – An autumn day dragging and raking scallops on Pleasant Bay, with Will Case, Bill Hockanen, Al Franz,. 28:54
For information about this series please contact the OHS at: email@example.com